A wonderful ancient technique has found its place in the modern world of healing. Massage Cupping™ bodywork therapy is a modified version of the common practice of cupping therapy, and the incredible results that this simple treatment produces have truly impressed those who experience its subtle power. By creating suction and negative pressure, Massage Cupping™ bodywork is used to drain excess fluids and toxins, loosen adhesions and lift connective tissue, and bring blood flow to stagnant muscles and skin. Massage Cupping™ therapy is a versatile method that can easily be modified to accomplish a range of techniques, from lymphatic drainage to deep tissue release. This complements many health modalities ranging from spa treatments to medical massage.
Purpose: To promote health and healing by loosening soft tissue and connective tissue, scarring and adhesions, moving stagnation and increasing lymphatic flow and circulation.
How is Massage Cupping™ bodywork therapy accomplished?
The cup is positioned over the area of the body to be treated and suction is created using a vacuum machine. The more traditional method involves inserting a flame into a glass cup to create the vacuum. The suction level can range from light to heavy, and the movements performed by the therapist can be stimulating or sedating.
Conditions that Respond to Vacuum Mobilization include:
- Bursitis, Tendonitis and other inflammatory conditions
- Sluggish colon, IBS
- Stagnant lymph and edema
- Poor circulation
- Insomnia and anxiety
- Poorly nourished skin and muscle tissue
- Lung inflammation and congestion
- Migraine and headaches
- High blood pressure
- Asthma and pneumonia
- Neuralgia and rheumatism
- Pre- and post-operative conditions
- TMJ dysfunction
- Parkinson's disease
- Chronic pain
- Plantar fasciitis
- Athletic stress and injury
- Decrease or relieve pain and inflammation
- Release deep muscular issues
- Release and soften scar tissue
- Lift and stretch soft tissue
- Increased range of movement
- Open chest and lungs
- Improve circulation
- Drain lymph fluid, clear drainage pathways
- Sedate the nervous system
- Open energy flow of the body
- Dredging and clearing old residue (blood and solidified lymph from injuries, surgeries, and chronic movement patterns) out of the muscle and soft tissue -- "milking the tissue"
60 Minute Treatment...$65.00
Or add on to a deep tissue or swedish massage, just working a problem area...$5.00